Saturday, January 28, 2012
One more... for Luna!
It has become familiar: the whisper in a quiet Common Room, the glimpse, from the corner of your eye, of blond hair disappearing between bookshelves.
Luna awaits you, smiling serenely as always.
"It is nearly the end of the first month of Term," she says. "How is the quest to reclaim the Cup going?"
You know you have worked this Term. But they Slytherins, the Gryffindors, and the Hufflepuffs--they are all working as hard as they can, as well. You think: have I handed in all my homework? Have I done everything I could? Is there a small project somewhere I could whip up at the last minute? How's OWL and NEWT progress? Is my Phoenix ready to fly?
"If there's one more thing you can do," Luna says, smiling, "go an do it. And don't wait till the last moment of Term to turn in your work if it's done. The Silken Hornneedle loves to come in and steal your camera cable at the last possible moment. Don't let it get you!"
You promise to do your best, and Luna says, "Take the badge above to show the rest of Hogwarts that we know where the Cup belongs!"
And suddenly, startlingly, you are alone in the Breakfast Nook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How did Luna know that I am looking for my camera cable right NOW? She has Divination skills indeed!
ReplyDeleteLuna is a very smart Ravenclaw!
DeleteI am in the midst of posting *four* finished projects that weren't yet posted...
For Luna! I have just finished a ballband dishcloth. I shall submit for quidditch!
ReplyDeleteFor Luna! I am turning the heel on my next OWL sock!
ReplyDelete