...
Dear Professors; Please accept the below as my Transfiguration homework.
...
I, Ignacia Ibanez, submit to you a replica of the the shredded cowl of Sir Hayward Ibanez, one of my very own ancestors. The original and now-famous cowl was crafted from the skin of the first sighted Urkranian Ironbelly Dragon, which he defeated in battle.
The above three statements are examples of ways you can turn in your Transfiguration homework. Now, your real life name may not be Ignacia Ibanez, but didn't that description make you more interested in the assignment? There's a story there, to be sure! The Official HPKCHC blog asked on Monday for readers to think about their "persona." This persona is your Hogwarts "you," and having one with flair and a backstory can make turning in your class assignments that much more interesting.
This week I dodged a *number* of dangerous situations in Transfiguration class to bring you two Ravenclaws who used their "persona" to really heat up their assignments.
First Year Hreow submitted these astoundingly pretty socks, which in themselves are quite fine. But take a look at the intro to the submission: Whilst convocating last year, I happened on something that I think was a Norwegian Ridgeback (from a very safe distance, I might add and why I am not quite sure that that is what it was) and that glimpse brought me to the Tower library (where else ^^) to do some research.
Already I'm engaged and I have a great sense of who Hreow's persona is - inquisitive, resourceful, and not foolishly courageous when it comes to dragons. It makes me wonder what was found in the library and what adventures came next.
Also while in Transfigurations class I came across MyIzumi's dragon-inspired gloves. Her submission reads more like chapter in a short story - which it is! She's writing pieces as she turns in each homework, each providing links to the chapter before. And throughout them all is a liberal dose of humor.
Okay. This was not. funny. anymore. I was warming up internally just from the ferocity of my frustration and anger! A thin jet of steam issued from the end of my wand, warping a roll of parchment by my ankle. An angry sigh rumbled from my throat as I uncurled the edge with icy, leaden fingers to see what I had damaged.
It was a copy of the Knucks pattern. My eyes lit up. The jet of steam abruptly ceased, although the wand was slightly warm between my fingers. It prickled painfully against my frozen skin. Knucks? Half-finger gloves? Perfect! Sure, the parchment was wavy from the steam treatment and the edged curled, but seriously. How could I mess up a pattern?

Think about your own persona. Mine doesn't have a name other than my Rav name, but she has already accidentally joined the Royal Academy of Wizard Apiologists (RAWA) during the Arithomancy assignment, and her OWL is crafting a sweater which will allow her to invesitgate a hive of Amos Ives Root Bees in Iceland.
Over the term, your assignments can craft a story of your experiences, and you might even find yourself looking for projects to build on that. Try it out, and I'll be back next week with even more amazing Ravenclaw projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment