Friday, March 10, 2017

Firstie (and Transfer!) Friday


It's the last month of term, and it's time to feature some of the lovely players who transferred to Ravenclaw this term! 

Dami13

How long have you been playing in the Cup? This is my 24th term so it’s been a good while.

What houses have you previously been a part of? What led you to Ravenclaw this term? I’m a dedicated Slytherin who decided it was past time to jolt myself out of my comfort-zone and do a house tour to re-invigorate myself. Ravenclaw is my last stop on my tour before I (probably) return home. Unintentionally I saved my ‘most-comfortable-foreign-house’ until the last (I had cause to interact with ‘Claw students / lurk around in here a LOT many many moons ago - the mix of people have changed but the spirit remains the same).

Now that you’ve been here for two months, what is the one thing that you feel is Quintessentially Ravenclaw? Curiousity. Not just a willingness, but an eagerness to investigate / explore / dive into things /ideas

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? Not wacky, but pure fun was my Convivalist blanket which I made for one of my nieces. At the time I lived closer and we would occasionally play Mario Kart or Mario Galaxy together. I was absolutely and utterly hopeless at both. The blanket was a shared memory I was glad to gift.

What is on your crafting bucket list? One of these days I’ll actually finish one of my GAL blankets that I’ve started. Got partials of every single one of them since they started. Ooooo… and maybe get my WIP pile below 50 projects (can’t get too ambitious / unrealistic about it)

What is currently on your needles? My current OWL is taking up all of my attention at present. Charms has been my bete-noire for a long time but this term it looks like I’ll finally conquer it.


Zillalatte (Kellie)

How long have you been playing in the Cup? What houses have you previously been a part of? What led you to Ravenclaw this term? This term is the end of my House Cup Grand Tour. I have been in Hufflepuff most term, now have played in Gryffindor, and wandered through Slytherin and am soaring with Ravenclaw this term. Wonderful experience to met so many new friends in the house cup.

Now that you’ve been here for two months, what is the one thing that you feel is Quintessentially Ravenclaw? Interaction. I have loved the involvement within the threads, the added reminders of cup events, and my Big Eagle craftyshanna. I feel not only welcomed but wanted within the house.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? Yikes, ummmm either my OWL Dr Who Scarf or my Ginny’s Patronus Cloak. I can’t pick just one and both were so fun to craft! They made me laugh as I was making them and even more enjoying them.

What is on your crafting bucket list? One day oh yes one day I shall cast on for Celestarium (1200 yards) and have all the beads just right. Oh well maybe not today though ;0

What is currently on your needles? I am all in for the Heroes of Yarnia RPG scarf. I am into clue 6 and hope to finish my OWL this month. I totally wildly magnificently underestimated the time that it would take to complete this double knit fingering scarf. So now it is knit all the time till it is finished. But what an Epic knit it is! And new dice really so cool for someone who never played D&D.



3secondfish (Danielle)

How long have you been playing in the Cup? What houses have you previously been a part of? What led you to Ravenclaw this term? I’ve been with HPKCHC since Fall 2011. Most of those terms were with Slytherin. Last term was with Hufflepuff, and now I’m in Ravenclaw! I had been checking out Ravenclaw Common Room before my Hufflepuff term (I let the Hat choose), and I’m glad I got in this time. I really enjoy finding out about the interesting hobbies that my Housemates are up to, and insights into new things that are shared.

Now that you’ve been here for two months, what is the one thing that you feel is Quintessentially Ravenclaw? The Quintessentially Ravenclaw thing for me is a sense of wonder. I love hearing about new facts and ideas, and Ravenclaw is a great place to do that.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? My favorite awesome project is my The Black Pearl. You can’t help but feel awesome in that much lace and beads. :)

What is on your crafting bucket list? The next thing on my bucket list is to try spinning with beads. Hopefully, I don’t run out of time before the end of the term.

What is currently on your needles? Right now, I am working on a cabled hat, some woolen spun merino/silk/bamboo (yay rolags!), and my Charms OWL, a Frosty Apples Lace Fichu, where I have just hit the nupp section. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment