January has been quite a whirlwind already! There have been so many deadlines, there's been a whole Deputy Headmistress Challenge round and *TWO* Quidditch matches already!
The multiple deadlines and real life have kept me a bit distracted, but I am back with our first round of Shiny Things for the Winter 2018 term!
The second Quidditch match was about trying something new (or brush up on something you haven't tried in a while), and it reminded me that I have learned *so many* new things since I joined the House Cup over 6 years ago. Then Facebook's On This Day feature pointed out that it has been 8 years since I learned to crochet. I didn't finally figure out knitting until after I joined the House Cup, but there was one other fibery related thing that I had tried before joining the Cup made me want to try All the Things: dyeing.
Dye work is something that I really do enjoy, although I haven't touched much of it since last summer. So in the Shiny Things this round are going to those who have turned in dye projects so far this term in classes or Quidditch!
In this video are projects from bigsnakes, kaypendragon, kneedleart, ladyjhia, natys, qtinki, and shanbonan
I love the results of everyone's dye projects, and look forward to seeing what the yarn and fiber they've dyed becomes in the future!
Until next time,



No comments:
Post a Comment