It’s time for our first set of bios for our fantastic Firsties of the Winter 2018 term. This week, we’ll be getting to know two of our new Tower-mates.
SVCatto (Margaret)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I was looking at the Finished Projects for a pattern (I think it was one of the Yarnia patterns) and saw an OWL badge as the Ravatar and said to myself, “What?!” So I went and looked and read about all the OWLs and said to myself, “Wow, points and badges and credit for something I’m doing anyway!”
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? What about the project that drove me the most nuts? The Siamese Cat which a friend asked me to make. Too many odd seams, especially for a person who strongly prefers modular/seamless anything. My personal favorite of the projects I’ve kept for myself is a pair of simple gloves made from scraps of leftover sock yarns.
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I like seeing everyone else’s projects, although the number of lifetimes I’m going to have to live in order to make everything I’d like to knit looks like doubling per term.
What is on your crafting bucket list? A large shawl in a traditional Shetland pattern. I bought the yarn in Lerwick and need to decide whether precisely the right pattern is somewhere out there or whether I can succeed in combining traditional stitch patterns to create my own design. It may be a while before I get there. In the meantime, I’m itching to try one or more of the Yarnia Quest patterns.
What is currently on your needles/hook? The first of three pairs of socks for my HoM OWL, and a child’s hat for For the Children of Pine Ridge which I will turn in for Divination.
Allegro133 (Heather)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I saw a really cool project and the person who made it had an OWL badge in the project. That made me curious what the badge was all about and the project made want to make awesome stuff like it. That’s how I found The Cup and why I checked it out.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? My favorite project is an Amigurumi dragon, probably because I used novelty yarn. My craziest project is this blanket I signed up to test knit: Beastie Celtic Blanket and I don’t think I would have had the courage to do it if I hadn’t joined The Cup.
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? My favorite thing about the Tower is the chance to have a reason to interact with other crafters and get help and encouragement. Also, Wendebular is a fantastic Mama Eagle. So far, the group has encouraged me to learn double knitting. Not bad for the first two weeks, right!?
What is on your crafting bucket list? I want to make human-sized socks. I also have a few ambitious knits in my queue that I want to do as future OWLs, like Tay Tartan Cardigan.
What is currently on your needles/hook? The test knit blanket is the main thing I’m currently working on. I also have Dragonfly Stole planned as my mission for this term.
We're happy you decided to join us in the Tower!
We're happy you decided to join us in the Tower!



No comments:
Post a Comment