Friday, February 2, 2018

Firstie Friday!


It's time to meet two more of our fabulous Firsties!

Woolyeyes (Kathy)


How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I had heard about the Cup years ago and wanted to give it a try, but hadn’t. This past summer I attended a retreat with Puffygriffinclaw and we spoke about the Cup and I knew I wanted to join in!
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? I think my Diamondback Socks were pretty awesome. I’ve found some real challenges doing sock competitions like Tour-de-Sock and Sock Madness.
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? The biggest change in my crafting so far is that I am focused on having a finished object in a certain time period. It has kept me from casting on so many things I otherwise would have. The time periods are reasonable, I’m not knitting a sweater for a class, but making reasonably sized projects and some smaller ones for the classes and saving my bigger ones for the OWL and BROOM categories.
What is on your crafting bucket list? Double knitting.
What is currently on your needles/hook? Selbu Socks and trying to get my Sunset Highway started!

theScarlettPuffin (Adrienne)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I learned about the Cup via Reddit - someone mentioned it on the knitting sub, so I came to check it out. I decided to join because it sounded like a good way to give some structure to my knitting plans. I’d been struggling with knitting block for most of the last half of 2017, finishing only two projects in about 7 months, but starting probably a dozen. I immediately felt at home looking through the Tower, and knew this would be a good place to find motivation and encouragement.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? I made Morticia by Boo Knits, and I think it’s the most impressive thing I’ve done that I’m happy with. I also made Gelato by Chantal Belisle, which felt like a feat of knitting, but I’m unhappy with the finished sweater and will eventually frog it and reuse the yarn, so I’m more reluctant to show that one off.
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love the community of the Tower. Everything from the mentor pairing to the candle post to the dorms where people talk about whatever takes the Cup from a game I do online with strangers to something I feel I part of. I adore how nerdy everyone is in various ways.
What is on your crafting bucket list? I want to make more clothing and items for my home, like blankets and storage baskets. I’m learning stranded knitting and am excited to delve further into that. At some point this term I’m hoping to make a wedding gift for my brother and future sister-in-law.
What is currently on your needles/hook? Too many things, I have a WIP problem! I’m trying to focus on finishing a couple of shawls and a blanket, but I also have three garments in process and some winter accessories that were supposed to be Christmas gifts I never felt motivated to finish…

Welcome to the Tower. We look forward to seeing you SOAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment