Friday, October 7, 2016

Firstie (and Transfer!) Friday

Welcome back to Firstie Fridays! This week, we’ll be featuring two more of our First Year students, both from Germany! Happy October!

Delana75

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? That’s hard, I don’t have really awesome projects. I like best the shawl I knit from my first handspun laceweight yarn as a christmas present for my mother.

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love a lot of things, the planning, the Specialist threads. It is also nice to have a dorm for the first years and to have a Big Eagle.

What is on your crafting bucket list? More garments, if my Muggle Studies OWL will be successful. Learn to weave and spin more different yarns.

What is currently on your needles? A cardigan for my Muggle Studies OWL.

















Extraterrestrial (Roxanne)


How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I’ve known about the Cup for quite a while, but when last term’s “Hogwarts: A Mystery” patterns showed up on Ravelry’s pattern search, I decided to join in.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? My wackiest and most awesome project would have to be my “Extraterrestrial Alien.” It’s a slight modification of a Danger Crafts monster pattern; I simply added antennae similar to those worn by the title character in the old TV series, “My Favorite Martian.” I’ve gotten a lot of complements on it when I’ve used it as my Ravatar.

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love participating in the First Year Dorm chat thread, and I’ve discovered that the Class Tetris threads are very helpful.

What is on your crafting bucket list? I would really like to learn how to spin, but I haven’t taken the time necessary to get really good at it. I get distracted easily.

What is currently on your needles? I am currently working on my first OWL submission, as well as holiday gifts for my rather large family.

No comments:

Post a Comment