Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Weekly Showcase Wednesday

It is again time to marvel at some of the amazing crafting being done by Ravenclaws around the House Cup!  I am repeatedly amazed by everyone's work, and I'm excited to share not only some of my favorites from the past two weeks, but also some of the posts that made me laugh and achievements that made my jaw drop.

First off, I'd like to share the projects that earned the Golden Pickle Award this week…

SadieLou made a set of beautiful Harry Potter inspired dishes as a wedding gift for some friends and turned them in for CoMC:


CathyCake knit a lovely cabled beret for Journalism:


DrusillaWormwood crocheted a fabulous shawl for Durmstrang:


kikkitull knit a darling little skirt for Durmstrang:


rondaletts did tunisian entrelac (I'm not even sure I know what that is!) to make this baby blanket for Durmstrang:


morningwynd spun this stunning blue yarn and turned a skein in for Hogwarts and a skein in for Quidditch:


LateClematis showed her talent for stranded colorwork with this delightful hat for Hogwarts:


ccgal220 knit these very cool and unique socks for the Headmistress Challenge:


LeahandtheDragon stunned me with her entrelac socks (entrelac! on socks!), which she turned in for the Headmistress Challenge:


Natys spun this gorgeous yarn for the Headmistress Challenge:


kandbpurple made these adorable baby booties for Quidditch:


secrettrail made this awesome tea cozy (seriously, it has a frog on a lilypad on top!!) for Quidditch:


FeoragRuadh knit these beautiful cabled socks for Quidditch:


TheBeadyHooker spun this exquisite yarn for Quidditch:


KnitWit685 seems to be the master of the Reducio charm and made fantastic miniature things for DADA, Flying, Herbology, Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, Hogwarts, the Headmistress Challenge, and Quidditch:



maggievanderstok amazes me again and again with her dyeing and spinning--I think I want her as my personal yarn supplier.  These were handed in for the Headmistress Challenge, Herbology, Hogwarts, DADA, and Durmstrang:


And she also made this wonderful string of flowers for Beauxbatons:




This week, I also unveiled a few new badges:  the Electric Pickle Badge (for science!) and the Pickle of Sanity Badge (for those people who really went way beyond the imaginable).

Hreow showed her science talents by dyeing with natural materials--buckthorn, indigo, and logwood:


And JessiaSott also did a dyeing experiment, comparing the effects of knotting the yarn in different ways:


Matematichica knit two miniature shawls comparing two different ways of doing short rows (with and without decreases) and the effect these methods have on the final shape:




Moving into the realm of the jaw-dropping, LeahandtheDragon outran the Mallet of Sanity and spun 2664 yards of singles and then chain-plied them for Quidditch:


And rosimoto used 1390 yards of yarn to crochet this cheerful blanket for Quidditch:


bigsnakes has already machine knit more than 5300 yards for projects for DADA, Herbology, the Headmistress Challenge, and Quidditch:


And SarahTheEntwife has spun more than 5200 yards for CoMC, Herbology, Journalism, Durmstrang,  the Headmistress Challenge, and Quidditch:



Finally, for the posts that made me laugh and earned the Darth Pickle Badge…

TiggerishJen managed to convince her Explorer Scout Leader to award her a hexapuff medal:


And perhaps Betsy the cat should have been awarded the Darth Pickle Badge for her performance in this video, but it was andryl who actually made the recording:




Congratulations to all the badge winners this week!  I hope you enjoyed this showcase of Ravenclaw achievements!

No comments:

Post a Comment