Friday, June 8, 2018

Firstie Friday!




Next up, it's time to meet our next Firstie, inkkuli!

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? 
 
I already knew about the Cup for some time thanks to a good friend of mine here on Ravelry LASH (Lee) whom I got to know years ago through another group of a much beloved American Indy dyer (who has moved on to other things). I have on occasion peaked into the Cup. Then I decided to join the Tower, so I could be a lurker there and read along when I felt like it. One thing led to another and here I am.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why?

Wackiest must definitely be my “Arya Shawl”, as at some stage I apparently went off track and had to keep adjusting the number of stitches, good grief! 





And most awesome one is definitely “My old blue jeans in the orient” my first two colour brioche project that I made in a record time of 12 days and still gives me lot of pleasure to wear when it is the season. 






What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far?

The support people give to each other here. Might it be in the CR for encouraging for a project or something personal or in the Candle thread. I find that amazing. In my work I have to deal sometimes with a lot of personal problems as well and I know I am somebody people come to for support. Even if I cannot do anything, then I am just the “Ear” to talk to or “the shoulder to cry on”. Not always easy. And this has been a bit like this all my life and I have no clue way.

How do these things impact and change or encourage you?

It will encourage me to try new things that I have not dared to do so far.

What is on your crafting bucket list?

To be able to knit a one-piece pullover (like I dared to make an OWL proposal and I am already behind schedule). 


What is currently on your needles/hook?

I am knitting my little fingers off for the 2nd quidditch match (so the OWL is on the back burner) as well as I am trying to make something for the upcoming Ravenclaw Blitz this Thursday (the OWL gets further shoved on the back burner followed by the quidditch project).


No comments:

Post a Comment