Friday, June 1, 2018

Firstie Friday!


The next Firstie needs no introduction. I'm sure most people would be surprised to learn that she is (still) a Firstie! Meet wieberike!

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try?
I must have stumbled across the Cup somewhere on ravelry a few years back. This was actually my 3rd attempt to become a member, the first few times I lost track pretty fast. This time I seem to be stuck for good.
At first what attracted me most was the motivation to finish projects, this time I definitely joined because I love the community.

 
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? 
 
Hmm, I craft so many different projects. Maybe what felt the wackiest was the big granny square blanket I crocheted for my best friend. It wasn´t difficult, but just felt very big. Here is a modeled picture of it:
Only one row of orange and no brown!

Also I still quite like this guy for how his facial expression came out:
Tiberius Tiger

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you?
I didn´t get to explore the whole Tower, yet. What I love most so far clearly is our dorm. It is uplifting and encouraging (thank you to all my fellow Firsties, there!) Already now I have been motivated to try (or take up again) new crafts and techniques. And to keep knitting on my OWL!


What is on your crafting bucket list?
The bucket list being what I would new things I´d like to do, next?
This summer I want to explore linen and silk and other summer yarns. I want to learn how to weave properly and I would love to get comfortable with my knitting machine my mother gave me a couple years, ago.


What is currently on your needles/hook?
As my fellow dormies already know, this is a dangerous question to ask me because I could go on and on about it. I always have a pile of projects I´m working on and I like it that way. The one I am working on most, at the moment, and hope to finish, soon, is the Kodikas shawl


 Kodikas

No comments:

Post a Comment