Friday, May 18, 2018

Firstie Friday!







Let's get to know our next Firstie! Next up is zornslemon!
 
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try?
I found the cup through a close friend of mine (current second year Ravenclaw SierraSkiing). I’m a fast knitter by casual crafter standards (though not by Cup standards), so I figured if I was going to be knitting plenty anyways, it would be fun to get points for it.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why?

My most awesome project is definitely my double knit Yarnia scarf. I had never done any sort of double knitting when I started it, and it took months (over a year once you figure in the fact that I started a scarf and then lost it), but the end result was gorgeous.




What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? 
I really love the dorm communities. Everyone in the first year dorm has been really supportive and encouraging, and it’s a good way to have a smaller group of people to get to know.

What is on your crafting bucket list? 

I’m hoping to someday reach the point where I can make super complex socks. There’s a lot of really gorgeous patterns out there, and I’m still a relatively inexperienced sock knitter, so I’m trying to work my way up to them. 

What is currently on your needles/hook?
I’m currently working on the Hamilknit hat for my OWL as well as a pair of slip stitch colorwork socks.

I know we have a lot of sock knitters out there so be sure to welcome a new member to your ranks! I'm sure you can learn a lot from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment