Friday, May 11, 2018

Firstie Friday!



Ready to meet our first firstie? Our first firstie is knitterswild! She did such a great job answering questions that I'm going to let her introduce herself!

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try?
My good friend kmcnelly introduced our little local knitting group to the cup and I played along as a NQFY last term. I really enjoyed it and needed to hop on the broom for this term!

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? 
I will say I do not have wacky projects per say but I will have to say my crocheted Groot that I made for Father’s Day a few years back. I had a pattern but really didn’t know how to read crochet terms and just winged it. I was so excited that it turned out! My Dad actually dresses it up for different holidays and football season. I always like to see what Groot is wearing when I go to visit.

knitterswilds Baby Groot

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far?
I don’t think I have been in here long enough to know for sure but I am amazed as to how quickly everyone welcomed me and got down to business. I love it!


How do these things impact and change or encourage you?
It is so great to have a group of people all working towards the same goal. It is rare to find a Ravelry group or swap partner that is so welcoming and encouraging and this group has it in spades. It makes me excited to cast on some projects and I am looking forward to the added boost it will give me to finish those same projects come the end of this month!


What is on your crafting bucket list?
Ravelry wise, I would love to knit a blanket at some point.
Non- Ravelry wise, I would totally love to try quilting one as well!
The challenge there is to keep up the excitement until I finish. I get bored easily.


What is currently on your needles/hook?
I cast on so many projects this month and I have been able to get each one to meet class prompts so I am super excited to just jump right in. My main ones for this month are:

1) Guardians of the Hollow shawl, knit up in some super special yarn from my local yarn crawl last month.
2) Reposado Tee, something I am super excited to finally make. It should be a fun, easy knit and then I’ll have a brand new shirt for the summer!
Of course I’ve got some socks and a few detention projects to work on as well because why not?

Thanks for the great introduction, knitterswild! I can't wait to see you around the castle and see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment