Thursday, November 9, 2017
From the Desk of the Head of House: Priorities
If you hang around in the Tower, you are almost certain to see one of the following (or something similar) at least once during the Term:
"Sorry I haven't been around more, (insert Real Life thing)."
"Sorry, I'm only going to earn X points this Term."
"Sorry, I'm only turning in one class this month."
These things are generally met with a reminder that Real Life is more important than our game, or that just getting in at least one class is all that is really needed. Both 100% true! Please do not feel guilty about not doing All the Things or like you are letting anyone down.
As much as we love additional turn-ins and chatter and everything, we also love for everyone to be happy and healthy. Stressing about turning in All the Things or being behind in the Common Room will lead to you enjoying your experience in the Tower less. Even if you see us pushing hard for more points or more participation in a class or event, please do not stress or injure yourself if you are too busy to participate in that particular push. We are a family, and we want all of our family members to enjoy their time in the House Cup and the Tower.
And part of enjoying your time can sometimes mean doing the minimum to maintain Sorting priority so that you can handle things going on in Real Life. In my case, that means that last week I missed a post here on the blog because I needed to deal with a couple of my children getting sick. It also means that I am forever behind in the Common Room because my schedule during the school year means that I am out of my home multiple times a week and just cannot keep up with our chatty 'Claws.
If you find that in order to take care of something in Real Life or your own health you need to miss a month of turning in something (don't forget, a partial class is the minimum), don't hesitate to ask about getting an excuse. Not every situation necessarily warrants an excuse, but you have to ask for one for it to be considered at all. To ask about an excuse, send a private message on Ravelry to me (Bacs) before the deadline at the end of the month.
And always, please remember to take care of yourself. Happy 'Claws lead to a Happy Tower ;)
Take Care,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment