Time for another Firstie Friday installment!
Freqn88 (Pia)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated
you to give the Cup a try? I have been sorted by pottermore (into Hufflepuff ;)) which really brought my
Everything-Harry-Potter-Mojo back. So, while looking for related patterns on
ravelry, I found the house cup and was fascinated by this whole world that was
created here. At first glance, it
seemed really complicated to me, there were so many rules! I read for hours and
then decided I wanted to try as an NQFY.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome
project and why? I guess that would be my Combo Spin sweater right now. When I first discovered
Combo Spin, I wanted to give it a try right away and I love, love love the
result. The sweater fits me perfectly and I I always wanted one in these colours.
Never would have come up with the idea of combining different fibres myself
though ;) Now the next combo project is already waiting.
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How
do these things impact and change or encourage you? As this is my first term as a sorted
student and only my second in total, I don’t have a lot of experiences about
the differences between the houses. But I really liked all the lovely
conversations I had in Ravenclaw as an NQFY, so that’s what brought me here. I
feel very comfortable with the idea of dorms. It creates a warm and familiar
atmosphere where a firstie can settle down unhurriedly and make new friends
while exploring all the new things.
What is on your crafting bucket list? Giving my drop spindles more love! We have
a little SAL coming up in june in the spinning thread, so if anyone is
interested…
What is currently on your needles? All the leftovers! I just started knitting
hexipuffs for a blanket, it’s exciting how fast these are done!
Gwennian (Kristi)
How did
you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? Kastlin
is a real-life friend and LYS owner. When I was over at her house, she was
always telling me about what was going on with the Cup. I just got sucked in!
What, in
your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why?
My Less is More. I spun 28 oz and knit it (lengthening the sleeves and body, knitting the, um, “generous” size that I needed) in about 6 weeks. It is a crazy riot of color, that I love to the moon and back. I wear it lots, and have gotten a ton of compliments on it. The oddest was another knitter who remarked how nice it was that it was so neutral. (?) I think she was maybe going for versatile, since it is anything but neutral!
My Less is More. I spun 28 oz and knit it (lengthening the sleeves and body, knitting the, um, “generous” size that I needed) in about 6 weeks. It is a crazy riot of color, that I love to the moon and back. I wear it lots, and have gotten a ton of compliments on it. The oddest was another knitter who remarked how nice it was that it was so neutral. (?) I think she was maybe going for versatile, since it is anything but neutral!
What
characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things
impact and change or encourage you? Friendly, challenging,
open, inviting,…I am a naturally competitive person. Not in a “I must be better
than you” kind of way, but more a “I can do better than I did last time” with
just a little encouragement. I get lots of encouragement here, especially from
my Big Eagle, LeahandtheDragon.
What is
on your crafting bucket list? Spinning the yarn for something like Mithril Vest or Heere Be Dragone Shawl, preferably from raw
fllece, including dyeing it.
What is
currently on your needles? I just cast off a
hitchhiker for Potions.



No comments:
Post a Comment