Friday, June 2, 2017

Firstie Friday!


Firstie Friday Time!! 

LadyLou (Alex)

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I found it when searching for a knitalong, and was crazy impressed!

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love the big eagle/little eagle system and all of the wonderful support. My Big Eagle and I have become fast friends, and the community as a whole allows so many avenues for participation. So grateful to be in Ravenclaw!

What is on your crafting bucket list? I really want to make one of those gorgeous lace shawls. I’m always so amazed at their beauty, but I just don’t have the skill set to accomplish it quite yet. Hopefully the house prompts will change that! :)

What is currently on your needles? I’m making a red baby sweater called Quick Oats. It’s been a really fun knit so far.



Ogiuntini (Olivia)

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? Hexipuffs. I started a beekeepers quilt to use up all my leftover sock yarn (I love to make socks, they’re more useful to me than anything else I make). As I scrolled through other people’s projects, I kept seeing references to professors and classes, and got curious. I lurked for a little while in the main threads. I really liked that the classes gave me ideas as to how to use my stash next. I’m not a big planner. I feel like the classes give me direction.

Wackiest (for me) project? We went on a Disney cruise last month with my brother and his family. There was a Star Wars day at sea, so I decided to make a Princess Leia hat for myself, and a Yoda hat for my nephew. I really don’t like to dress up in costumes, but I pushed my boundaries and wore my hat all day - I even got a compliment from the cruise director.

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you?  First of all, I’d have to say the combined knowledge, and not just about all things crafty. I love that people can also get recommendations about where to learn a computer language, what to plant, what to do in a city, etc. There are so many diverse backgrounds. I hope I can provide some useful information too. The positivity and encouragement are awesome. Everybody seems to support everyone else. I haven’t seen the negativity that I see in lots of other groups (I haven’t seen any in the whole Cup, which is awesome). I think this group will help me to plan projects better.

What is on your crafting bucket list? #1 would be to be able to spin sock yarn. I can’t get it that thin yet. My idea that needs a lot of work is that I would like to be able to combine my 2 passions - fiber and birding. I would like to use the ebird data from Cornell in a project to demonstrate the population decline in species. I’m not sure whether I would want to weave or knit it. I would love to talk this over with other people and get some thoughts.

What is currently on your needles? I am working on a self-designed shawl using my first handspun yarn that I was very happy with. I’m also spinning for my Transfiguration OWL.





No comments:

Post a Comment