Friday, February 17, 2017

Firstie (and Transfer!) Fridays!


It's Firstie Friday again! 

WillowGlade (Deb)

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I first heard about it in Sock Madness. As a big Harry Potter fan (as I’m sure most of us are), I had to check it out. Summer was busy, so I didn’t get started until the fall, when I did my NQFY term.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? I am going to pick the minecraft socks I made for my son. I spent hours finding minecraft images, and figuring out how to put them together. I did a lot of the knitting in the summer, while waiting for my kids to come out of swim club. The number of kids that commented on them was huge. Boy, girl, younger, teenager. My knitting often starts conversations with adults, but kids usually aren’t really interested.

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love how open and welcoming it is. Anytime there is an existing group, being a newbie can be a little intimidating. There’s huge amounts of knowledge and enthusiasm. It makes me want to do everything! Having said that, I have strict crafting philosophy that I won’t stress knit. So, I want to do everything, but I am only doing some, but am loving everything I am doing, and am eager to share it.

What is on your crafting bucket list? I love doing colourwork. So, a sweater I’ve been thinking of for ages is the Dogwood Blossom Sweater. I think that may come next fall or winter.

What is currently on your needles? Lots… I am doing Pretty as a Peacock for my OWL. I also have just started the Londonderry sweater. That will be long term. I have some colourwork mittens going and a sweater for my son almost finished for detention. There’s legwarmers happening in a bulky yarn for my daughter (I don’t really like bulky yarn, but it is fast). Then I have almost a full bobbin on my spinning wheel that I hope to finish this week and get chain plied. That will likely become my first dying project. I do have two pairs of socks and a pair of slippers in hibernation. Those might get broken out in the next couple months. I used to have a rule that I can’t have more then 3 things on the needles at a time…


Siidine

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try?I found The Cup through a few Ravelry friends, who had participated. As I am a fan of HP, I thought it would be fun to see what it’s like. 

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? My NQFY projects all turned out quite well. Maybe some people might find a blue cat weird, though. :) 

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? There are so many good things about the Tower. Really, it’s an awesome community just as it is. Plus, people are friendly and interested in the same hobbies. It is a great community. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment