Welcome back for another Firstie Friday!
k8macq (Katie)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? You know, I can’t remember? I’d been on my list for so long and I never remembered to be sorted in the first place! I competed in this year’s Ravellenic Games and my productivity went CRAZY… I thought I’d keep that up with the Cup.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? I don’t think I ever made a project page for it, but my friend Tim, an eccentric Asatruar with a degree in Medieval Literature, asked me for a Wagnerian Viking helm, replete with knitted horns. Who says no to that? Coincidentally, it’s the only time I’ve ever knitted bobbles (for rivets, like you do).
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? Oh my goodness. You guys are so dorky. It’s like I’m HOME. There’s a Spreadsheet of Spreadsheets. I HAVE MY OWN. It’s like a nerdy dream around here.
What is on your crafting bucket list? Boyfriend keeps asking for a fisherman sweater. But he’s still a boyfriend, so that’s not happening. Surely the bad luck doesn’t count if you’ve only charted and done the maths, right?
What is currently on your needles? A Phoenix-Wing for my best friend, a pair of traveling socks for Boyfriend, and the perpetual sock yarn leftovers blanket. I’m a little knitted out from Christmukkah (I have a spreadsheet for that).
KNIT4BEER (Shawna)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? For the last 6 months I have been in a Knit-a-coma and I needed some motivation and I have been sneaking around the different cups for about a year and 3 months ago decided to take the plunge.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? My wackiest would have to be my kids(dog) hats that I knit for them with reflective yarn to keep them safe for our night walks. My most awesome would have to be my Juneberry shawl it was my first project that I used Madelinetosh and the pattern is just gorgeous!!
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love the camaraderie that is in this house. I have never been in a group where I felt like there were people that wanted to be your friends or even wanted to help you, like I have in this house. I really love the “Big eagle/ little eagle ” program that only Ravenclaw has and to be honest this is what really pulled me to this house! The fact that this house wants everyone to succeed, makes me want to do my very best and be proud that I’m a Ravenclaw!!
What is on your crafting bucket list? Colorwork and brioche
What is currently on your needles? Socks



No comments:
Post a Comment