Friday, February 3, 2017

Firstie (and Transfer!) Friday



We're back for another Firstie Friday! 

Cauterize (Steph)

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I always knew about it from forum posts on Ravelry, but a couple of my teammates in Sock Madness (Team Engoon Edelweiss! Whoo!) last year were raving about it and encouraged us to join… They are JeepGeek and Lenoregie… I think they’re both in Hufflepuff.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? Most wacky - My Involute poncho (it’s almost done) the construction is CRAZY and BRILLIANT and who thinks up a poncho pattern based on a gear? Most awesome is my Kingdom of Gold gloves that are featured on the project page!

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you?  I like all the side things that I didn’t know about! Convocation! Ravenclaw Mail! The Lineages! I also very much appreciate all the hard work and cleverness of Ravenclaw members, such as the blog, the spreadsheet, the Class Tetris help, and my Big Eagle Omeletsmom.

What is on your crafting bucket list? Finish a sweater for myself. Double Knitting. Steeking. Amigurami.

What is currently on your needles? Azel Pullover, Don’t Tread on My Toes, Benjamin



freemiki  (Miki)

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I actually joined in January 2011 but never signed up for sorting. When I came back to Ravelry after being away for a few years, i decided to give it a try. Definitely one of my better decisions.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? i’m knitting something right now that incorporates cassette tapes from the 80’s.

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? i’m really loving the Candle Requests. There’s a lot of beautiful energy being given. I was crabby for a minute the other day over a ruined manicure. Just one minute in the candle thread reminded me of what is really important.

What is on your crafting bucket list? steeks (eek!), 2 color brioche, knitting all the crazy patterns in Lynne Barr’s book ReversibleKnitting. HelpfulKitten has been trying to get me knitting sweaters, so that’s in my future. Oh, and I want to learn to chart for illusion and double knitting. someday.


What is currently on your needles? My 2 OWL projects and Scowl by Xandy Peters


No comments:

Post a Comment