Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Geek of the Week: Bobby McFerrin

Here we honor Muggle geeks who embody Ravenclaw spirit...
when they succeed, they soar, and when they fail, they fail spectacularly!


Bobby McFerrin (b. 1950)
“If I can bring joy into the world, if I can get people to stop thinking about their pain for a moment... then I'll be successful.”

Don't worry that Bobby McFerrin hasn't been on the pop music charts since 1992 (for his collaboration with Yo-Yo Ma); instead, be happy that this ten-time Grammy-winning vocal virtuoso is still composing and performing in a variety of musical genres with a variety of collaborators.  He has long been a force in music education and cultural programs, sometimes volunteering (!) at public schools throughout the United States.

Bobby hacks brains with music during a demonstration at the World Science Festival 2009:



Find out more about Bobby McFerrin on Wikipedia.
Sing & Play with Bobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment