Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Geek of the Week: Wil Wheaton

Welcome to this term's inaugural "Geek of the Week" feature; here we honor Muggle geeks who embody Ravenclaw spirit...
when they succeed, they soar, and when they fail, they fail spectacularly!


Wil Wheaton (b. 1972)

"Things every person should have: a nemesis; an evil twin; a secret headquarters; an escape hatch; a partner in crime; a secret identity."

Wil Wheaton is a well-known American actor.  He's been seen in such movies as Stand by Me and Toy Soldiers, in the current gamer-centric web series The Guild, and in geektastic television shows like The Big Bang Theory and Eureka...
SEE ALSO: WESLEY CRUSHER.  So very adorable professional.
His voice work runs the gamut from The Secret of NIMH (at age 10, as Martin Brisby) to video games (several GTA titles, Fallout New Vegas, etc.); Wil's frequent blogging has expanded into a writing career of several publications, including the autobiographical Just a Geek (oh yes, I own it and it's awesome).

Other geekiness:  he was once roommates with Nerdist founder Chris Hardwick, he narrated the Redshirts audio book, and he's the host of a web series about board games (Tabletop, via Geek & Sundry on YouTube).

I'm trying not to fangirl too much (failing, I bet!)!  Oh, this happened, too!:
I'm sorry/You're welcome.

Find out more about Wil Wheaton on Wikipedia.
And here's his blog, if you're interested.

• ● • ● •

If you have any Geek of the Week requests, PM Cyprienne on Rav.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I have always admired how much he embraced his geekiness. Many actors that are in shows like Star Trek, etc. do everything in their power to distance themselves from the role once it is over (sometimes to the point of alienating their fans). But Wil has very much embraced the fact that people LOVE that he was Wesley Crusher and on TNG. And he has had no problem being very public about his own personal geekiness. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following Wil on FB and G+. But where oh where are pictures of the kilt???

    ReplyDelete