Personally, the anticipation of a new term always brings about moments of reflection. What was I most proud of last term? What do I wish I had done differently? What new skill will I choose to learn next term? Then there are the fun tasks of looking through my queue, my WIPS, and my favorites as well as conducting pattern searches in order to prioritize projects for the next term. Inevitably my plans will change a thousand times throughout the term as I find unexpected inspiration from class prompts, Quidditch events, and the Headmistress' Challenge.
Yes, all of this thinking about crafting is fun but as I reflect, I know what matter the most to me are the friendships I've made. Some of you know far better than I do how much love there is in The Tower. Some of you will observe Candle Requests and moments of squee-ing in the Common Room or your dorm, notice how much love there is, and then venture to make yourself known as well.
So as we all begin a new term I'd like to challenge you to not only think about your crafting goals, but also think about how you might encourage your fellow Claws in whatever aspects of their lives they choose to share whether it's their crafting lives, their family lives, or their work lives. Because really, there can never be too much love.
SOAR RAVENCLAW!
No comments:
Post a Comment