If you ever have extra time on your hands and want to see the awesome that is created throughout the House Cup, open up all of the threads for a term and look at the projects that have been turned in.
When thinking about what to showcase as a sort of showcase of projects from the whole term, a few things came to mind. I made a couple blankets this term, should I feature those? Well, I featured blanket *squares* earlier this term so maybe not. What about shawls? I love shawls, and I also made one of those myself this term. Or socks? I have always wanted to be a sock knitter but I get distracted after the first sock (and learned this term that knitting two at a time is definitely not the solution for me).
Then one of my kids mentioned that it seems like winter is taking forever to actually arrive. We've had a lot of yo-yo weather here lately, and I couldn't help but agree. And something that I think of around this time of year is sweaters. With a sweater, you can often wear it over something else so that if you get too warm you can remove the sweater and then put it back on if you get chilly again. So that's what I'm featuring this time for Shiny Things!
I did not pull from Detention, and I did not include partials simply because in both cases the item wasn't entirely made in the time period chosen. There are also a couple missing from the video because the pictures include children.
Without further ado, here is the video showcase of all of the sweaters done for classes, Advanced Studies, and Quidditch this term!
You may have noticed that a couple of them are not what most people would consider a "sweater." There's a couple vests and ponchos in there, and I felt like since they are involved in keeping the upper body warm they can count as sweaters for this.
Do you have any sweaters planned for next term? Or even during Break Month? I made my first adult sweater (and sleeveless sweater) in the Spring 2017 term and I am considering making another one next term. We'll see what has grabbed my attention come January ;)
As always, take care,



No comments:
Post a Comment