Thursday, October 19, 2017
From the Desk of the Head of House: Halfway Point
Can you believe we are already halfway through the term?!
I don't know about you, but I've been a bit overwhelmed at times recently thanks to real life. Between world happenings and just flat out being busy at home, I sometimes need a little pick-me-up to help me along.
In the Common Room, we have a link in the header to the Calming Manatee. I suggest (if animated GIFs are not something that cause a problem for you) also checking out Kitten Witch. I have a tremendous love for the little kitten and the wonderful messages on the GIFs, such as "'Doing your best' is not pushing yourself beyond your limits" and "'Doing your best' can change day to day" because there are days when I need these sorts of reminders.
I would also like to recommend sites like Do Nothing for 2 Minutes, which has the sound of waves and asks you to not touch the mouse or keyboard for two minutes (just a sort of mental break) and Weave Silk, which allows you to use your mouse to draw random (and pretty) shapes. It's important to remember to take a couple minutes to just exist.
And if you find yourself struggling and very overwhelmed, take a look at this document titled Everything is Awful and I'm Not Okay. It has a list of things to do that may help you get through. Feel free to ask for a candle in the Tower's candle thread, chat in the Common Room (like post five happy things or request cute animal pictures), hang out in your Dorm, or even just take a few days off from chatting and crafting to rest.
Taking care of yourself should be a priority.
Take Care,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment