Friday, October 20, 2017

Firstie Friday!


It's time for another peek at one of our fantastic Firsties!


Cerridwen28 (Jaime)
How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? I was vaguely aware of the Cup from a few people from another Rav forum that I frequent. I had taken a look, but I had found it rather overwhelming. I decided to give it a second try after hearing Laura on The Knit Girllls podcast talking it up.
What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? Hmm. This is a tough question. I guess wackiest might be this one: Thwomp! I needed to fulfill a prompt for Nerdopolis regarding something inspired by indigenous peoples. I play for Team Space Alliance, and so I needed a tie in to my team as well. I thought about Chakotay from Star Trek Voyager. Officially he’s not meant to represent any one Native group, but he does allude in character to his people being the “Rubber Tree People” which made me think of the “Rubber People,” another name for the Olmec. Olmec art is notably remembered for their really big stone face carvings. So, I crafted a Thwomp from Super Mario, which is a big stone face.
I can’t decide most awesome, but I did finish a Doctor Who scarf… Acheson Hero Scarf.
What characteristics do you love most about the Tower so far? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love how insanely organized 'Claws are! I’m in awe of the spreadsheet magic some of these folks possess. Everyone’s overachieving and so I don’t feel like I’m putting people out or making them feel bad for aiming to complete all the classes each term. In fact, if anything, I’m spurred on to do more and more by the awesome people in the Tower. I feel very much at home here.
What is on your crafting bucket list? Everything! OK, maybe not everything, but there’s a lot. I’ve a lot of double knitting projects I’d like to get back to. I had participated in the first Yarn Quest 2017 - Heroes of Yarnia RPG MKAL at the beginning of the year, but time and other projects have taken me away from completing the main quest blanket, as well as subsequent side quests. I’d like to eventually get round to working through those. I’d also like to make some more fun socks that aren’t for competition. I’m a big fan of Caoua Coffee, and I’d love to work through a few more of her designs.
What is currently on your needles/hook? I have 10+ active WIPs at the moment. I like having different things going so I always have a project to match my time, space and attention span. I’m working on my OWL mostly at the moment, which I don’t have up on Rav yet. Other than that I’ve been really enjoying working on my Starting Point. There’s lot of easy to memorize sections which makes it good for bringing to work so I don’t have to worry about having pattern charts laying around.

We're pleased you chose the Tower, and are happy you feel at home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment