Friday, November 4, 2016

Firstie (and Transfer!) Friday



Welcome back to Firstie Fridays! This week, we’ll be featuring two more of our awesome transfer students!

Pinklemons



How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? What house(s) have you previously been in? What convinced you to come to Ravenclaw this term? I’ve been in the cup since Winter 2012. I can’t remember how I found out about it, but I remember discovering it as a NQFY in Dec 2011 and thinking it would be fun. I’m a M1 now. I spent about the first 6-7 terms in Gryffindor, and the next 6-7 in Hufflepuff, with one or two SoS terms in between. Honestly I can’t remember the exact numbers. I actually intended to go SoS this term, but then I’ve heard so much about Ravenclaw awesomeness and I really wanted to be incorporated into a lineage, so I decided to travel for a term.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? Hmm, that’s a tough choice. I recently completed a blanket that I’m rather proud of. You can read about it in Detention. But my favourite project is this lap blanket, which I submitted for Detention last term. It was done completely freeform. I started with the border, then made the circles, then joined the circles with that off-white background. The joining had to be done on with the whole blanket laid out on the floor, joining a few stitches at a time, then putting it down to make sure it was flat, then joining a few more stitches again. I had a constant backache at that time!

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I’ve been hanging out mainly in the first year dorm, and I’m very impressed by how welcoming everyone has been. Everyone’s always cheering everyone on. On Monday I was surprised to find my Big Eagle wendebular bragging about me. The whole culture of encouragement to do better things without giving too much pressure is very motivating. And of course, I love the Ravenclaw obsession with AS. I’m on track to complete get the OWL mistress badge next term, and Ravenclaw is a great place to progress on to that goal.

What is on your crafting bucket list? Blankets. Tons of blankets. Lap blankets, because they’re big enough to explore creative ideas and to be useful, and I don’t have the patience for full-sized blankets. I have lots of pictures saved in my phone of blanket ideas I want to try.

Khenasanskula

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? What house(s) have you previously been in? What convinced you to come to Ravenclaw this term? I found the house cup through other groups on Ravelry. I heard mention of it here and there and eventually made my way here. This is the last stop on my tour, so I have been to all the houses!

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? I think my most awesome project is my Maltese Shawl I made last term for my Charms OWL. It was more than a little crazy, but it came out beautifully!

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? I love the energy of the tower! There’s a lot going on, and the fun little badges for little things and creatures we find is a lot of fun.

What is on your crafting bucket list? For my bucket list, I’d like to be able to do some weaving. I’m barely started weaving, and there are so many beautiful projects I’d love to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment