Friday, November 11, 2016

Firstie (and Transfer!) Friday



Welcome back to Firstie Fridays! This week, we’re featuring another amazing Tower Transfer!

Tshaya

How did you find the Cup and what motivated you to give the Cup a try? What house(s) have you previously been in? What convinced you to come to Ravenclaw this term? I somehow found a KAL in December 2014 and then stumbled over the Cup. I was a NYFQ for the Winter 15 Term and then was sorted inter Slytherin. After four terms there I finally got the chance to get together with the crafters from my NQFY groups. A lot of us are Ravenclaws by now.

What, in your own estimation, is your wackiest/most awesome project and why? One big failure was my owl cup cozy. I used it exactly once, spilled coffee on it and after washing (without getting the stains out!) it was way too big for the cup I wanted to use it with.  My most awesome project… perhaps my Amethysts in the Water. Or my best-loved shawl Water Dragon. If I only could figure out how to make it bigger.

What characteristics do you love most about the Tower? How do these things impact and change or encourage you? For me the cup is about finishing things. I still start more than I have time for but I finish more crafting than ever. The Tower feels like a comfortable place because I already know a lot of people here. My dorm is very great and enabling me to try things like spinning.

What is on your crafting bucket list? All the lace, all the cables. I’d love to learn spinning and I hear a call for weaving. I want to experiment with dyes and just to have my day 24h for living and 24h for crafting.

What is currently on your needles? I’m knitting Tavie as a Herbology OWL. And I’m working on one of the famous Sock yarn blankets.


No comments:

Post a Comment