Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LOTW

I keep forgetting Monday's exist! And You... Yes you! You didn't poke me to remind me I forgot to post the library.... okay I'm just kidding. I wouldn't blame someone else for my mishap. Bad Prefect... no butterbeer!

But without further ado... this weeks library.

The George Peabody Library is truly love. You can read all about it's history here. A small excerpt says...

Reflecting the scholarly interests of the nineteenth century, the library consists of a general reference collection on virtually every subject but music. The library contains more than 300,000 titles most of which date from the eighteenth to the early twentieth centuries. Notable strengths in the collection are archaeology, British art and architecture, British and American history, biography, English and American literature, Romance languages and literature, Greek and Latin classics, history of science, geography, and exploration and travel including a large map collection.

George Peabody Library, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

1 comment:

  1. Every subject but music?!

    This music major cries foul! What do they have against musicians, anyway? I'm glad the library in Ravenclaw Tower has plenty of music-related materials. :-)

    ReplyDelete