The term has not even started yet, and we have an amazing FOURTEEN NEWTlings busy crafting away at their projects! A few are still pending approval at this writing, but I am sure they will all come through in the end. There are so many, I am going to divide them into two posts so they each get the attention they deserve!
For all projects, click on the student’s name to see the proposal.
First off is Frithuswith, who is combining Ancient Runes and Herbology in her study of Bunolagus Boscamagicus, (the rare and elusive jungle bunny) and its habitat. Her study will consist of two sweaters, a shawl, and three woven tea towels. Good luck on your expedition, frithsuwith!
LeahandtheDragon is our next intrepid NEWTling. She will be studying the subjects of Care of Magical Creatures and Potions for her NEWT. Using only her collection of spindles (check out the link; she has a LOT of spindles!) Leah plans to hatch a number of magical eggs and ply the resulting yarn using a variety of techniques. I can’t wait to see all the finished yarns!
bchapman1017 is also studying Potions for her NEWT, but she will be pairing it with Defence against the Dark Arts. Her exploration of the Cruciatus curse will consist of a 4-color intarsia blanket using 2500 - 2800 yards of yarn. I hope this one does not do you in, bchapman!
Our next NEWTling is kvaustin, who will be hatching some eggs for CoMC by vanishing over 3000 yards of yarn for Transfiguration. She will be knitting a lace dress in light fingering and and a gorgeous knee-length swing vest (that I have added to my favorites!) A lovely set of projects; I’m sure they will be spectacular!
Intallcotton is next in the line up. She will be studying COMC as well, but in this case, it will be combined with the History of Magic. In her examination of the interactions between humans and magical creatures, cotton will be creating three dimensional representations of two of the creatures as well as crafting some socks, mitts, and shawls representing the creatures and the humans who interacted with them. With such a well researched beginning, I am sure she will very successful in her studies!
You would think our new Head Girl would be too busy to NEWT, but that is not stopping gwenschweitzer! Her NEWT will be combining Astronomy and Potions through the study of the constellation Cassiopeia and a pair of mythological women. Her two wraps should be a fitting representation of what she has learned for this, her very first NEWT.
Last for today is fricknfrack, who will be studying Ancient Runes and Charms. She will be knitting from patterns that use 31 unique symbols over 92 charts (!!) to create 6 lace scarves. I’ve knitted several sampler scarves, and I am floored by this proposal. It sounds like a huge challenge, but tremendous fun at the same time. Looking forward to seeing them all!
That’s the first half of our Ravenclaw NEWT proposals. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see the other half!
No comments:
Post a Comment