Monday, January 18, 2016

Remembering Alan Rickman

It is hard to put into words, but most will agree that the Potterverse has lost an icon.  Alan Rickman passed away this past week at the age of 69.  We will forever remember him as Professor Snape, the Potions master who terrified many a student.  In real life, Alan Rickman was a seasoned actor on both film and stage, and touched many with his performances.

Please feel free to share your memories of Alan Rickman, his characters, his life, anything you would like to, in the Comments below.

Rest In Peace, Professor.  We will remember you. Always.







6 comments:

  1. I read the whole thing in their voices. I imagine Snape with this big nosed doodle of himself tucked away somewhere in a potions book with a letter from Lilly.

    I also just love how young Rupert references it as though he was in actual class with actual snape, he looks scared even thinking about it :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gifted actor who was able to infuse his roles with real life and personality. From the big-hearted Colonel Brandon to the terrifying Professor Snape, his talent made these written characters leap into actual fully-realized 3-dimensional people that we came to know and love. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Alan Rickman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I loved his Colonel Brandon. So glad he got the girl in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched "Blow Dry" again and it was still sweet and funny. Does he really have to be dead?

    I have had a tender spot in my heart for Professor Snape for a while now. Watching the last movie required some "ugly crying" and I think I had to stop it and come back later when it was time for his flashback sequence. His story arc is so poignant and tragic and Rickman played it with such grace... watching the films over again makes Snape's character deeper every time I see him. What a huge talent for those of us who know about the times when emotion is deep even when the outside appearance is subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched "Blow Dry" again and it was still sweet and funny. Does he really have to be dead?

    I have had a tender spot in my heart for Professor Snape for a while now. Watching the last movie required some "ugly crying" and I think I had to stop it and come back later when it was time for his flashback sequence. His story arc is so poignant and tragic and Rickman played it with such grace... watching the films over again makes Snape's character deeper every time I see him. What a huge talent for those of us who know about the times when emotion is deep even when the outside appearance is subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hans lead to recognition, the sheriff in Robin Hood to respect, and Colonel Brandon to out and out admiration. While so many stick to simple roles, he excelled as the good guy who did something bad - in Love Actually - or the genuinely good guy having to maintain the pretense of being bad. I don't think I ever saw him in anything that I didn't like him and he will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete