Friday, November 6, 2015

Firstie Friday - October Stats Showcase!

Can you believe it's November already?  I'm hoping we will be getting some posts from our Firsties over the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime, how about some October Firstie Statistics?

I'm going to start with Advanced Studies again because I am so tickled with how well everyone is doing.  Every single First Year who put in an OWL proposal got her midterm in! 100%!  A couple of favorites:

EngineersFalcon has finished half of her proposed 3 pairs of socks:

and ccgal220 and kaddidly are making great progress on their sweaters:


I'm sure Missions are proceeding apace as well; I can't wait to see what everyone turns in!

The Firsies were well represented in Quidditch, too.  Seven students turned in projects for Task 2 and five continued of to Task 3. LeahandtheDragon crocheted a bunch (herd? crowd?) of skrewts:


kvaustin knitted this lovely bookmark:



and so did Anniewithsticks:


The  second Headmistress Challenge was well attended with nine Firsties bringing fourteen projects to the ball!  Turn ins included balletisthebest's cowl:


 her very first knitted project (!) and ccgal220's birthday shawl and socks:




Not that they neglected their classwork!  The Ravenclaw First Years submitted forty one classes and eight detentions in October!  Among my favorites is this beautiful necklace cacaogoddess made for DADA:


j0ke's innocent hats:


-- these two were submitted for DADA and Beauxbatons -- and sesalem82's version of Turanga Leela's wrist Lojackimator:


also for DADA.  (There was a lot of cool stuff in that class!)

I hope you have enjoyed this little look into what the Firsties were up to in October. I'm looking forward to seeing how they finish out the term!




No comments:

Post a Comment