Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mad Scientist of Ravenclaw Tower!

There were SO MANY wonderful projects nominated for this past term's Mrs. Lovegood Memorial Prize for Mad Scientist. We wish a hearty congratulations to all those nominated. You all deserve a standing ovation!

But there could only be one winner and it was announced last week that for the Spring term our winner is Andryl!!!

She knit a GORGEOUS shawl representing the movements of the planets:


"From the center out, you can see the sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, the asteroid belt, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Makemake, and Eris. After Eris I ran out of solid yarn, so as planned I represented the fact that the universe does not end with the solar system with a belt of rainbow yarn as I took care of the remaining short rows."

Want to know a little bit more about the Mad Scientist award and how to nominate a fellow 'Claw? Head on over here!

Once again congratulation's Andryl! What a way to represent Ravenclaw House!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Andryl! If you ever get the pattern written up, I wanna knit it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Cyprlenne, I know a few people who would LOVE to receive something like that, and would really *get* all the sciency-wiency stuff :D

    ReplyDelete