Thursday, February 10, 2011

In the Interim






So I was exploring the common room yesterday, you know as you do. When I discovered a set of stairs I hadn’t realised were there before. Giving a quick look round the room I noticed nobody else was really paying me any mind, so I went on up.

The stairs were old and slightly rickety and the polished wood had the tell tale signs that this path had been taken many many times before.

At the top of the stairs was a large polished oak door. I gave a tentative knock and was greeted with a cheery voice.

“Come on in! Door’s open!”

The room was large, light, airy and a slight triangular shape. On the wall were large posters of various Ravenclaw emblems as well as pictures of extremely cute lurchers! On the large desk was a mixture of knitting projects, with various scraps of paper and forms all in neat piles. A rather modern and brightly coloured tea set , sat next to a plate of shortbread cookies, beside a couple of very comfortable and squishy looking chairs.

I took a seat and a few seconds later SadieLou, Ravenclaw Head Girl appeared carrying two large tubs of ice cream.

Giving me a smile she offered me the yummy strawberry flavoured one, sat down on the other seat, picked up her knitting and gave a little laugh.

“You had no idea this room was up here did you? Convinently placed between the chimneys in the tower, this room is lovely and toasty in the winter and cool and wonderful in the summer!”

She gave me a small wink.

“One of the perks of being Head Girl you know. If you’re good, I’ll tell you about the secret passage! Now I believe you had some questions for me?”


Hello My Name is…. Sadielou, Sadie, SarahLouise or SL - it depends who I’m talking to!

My Job within the house cup is… Head Girl of Ravenclaw House and OWL examiner for the House Cup - this term I am examining the Gryffindors and they’re doing a fantastic job so far!

My favourite colour is… blue or silver (but that’s really predictable isn’t it?!) apart from when we’re talking about Ravenclaw, and then it’s blue and bronze. :)

My favourite yarn is… Hmmm. I don’t know that I have a favourite yarn… I’ve just finished something in Malabrigo and I’ve fallen in love with it, but actually I think my favourite to knit with so far has been the Shilasdair Aran I used for my Hawthorne shawl - I just adored the colour, feel and fabric it created!

The Project I have completed which I am most proud of this month is… This month I’m pretty darn pleased with the hat I test knit for Inkslinger1121, it’s inspired by the hat Hermione wears in Deathly Hallows (pt 1) in the Graveyard Scene. It’s a wonderful pattern and I cannot stop gushing about it!


If I ruled the world… Owl post would be real, all rescue dogs would have families who loved them, I would have an unlimited yarn budget and a new house in which I would have a craft room to store all my crafting supplies, spinning wheel and comfy chair. Oh, and I would teach everyone to knit, and therefore would achieve world piece because everyone would be much less stressed.

My favourite ice cream… is Mackies Honeycomb, or possibly Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked. :)

Chocolate or Sweets? You mean I can’t have both? Sweets then. Fruit Pastilles to be precise. Or cookies.

Tea or coffee? Tea, Nambarrie with milk and no sugar, thankyaverymuch!

If I were an animal, I’d be a… lurcher, just to be thin and leggy and be able to run veryveryveryfast. And to play lurcher games which involve Raaaarface and Tagyou’reiti’mgonnaeatyounoi’mnothahahahai’mfasterthanyou.

My favourite Ravelry craft is… knitting, though I love learning to spin!

My favourite thing about the house cup is… The people from all over the world that I learn from and about in a million different ways.

My favourite thing about my house is… Um, everything? How I can ask any question about anything at all in life and get a well-reasoned and logical answer. Everything from recipes or chemistry to reading or running… I think we should have our own website: Ask-a-Ravenclaw-apedia.

If I could live in Harry Potters World for one day I would… Go to Hogsmeade and visit all the wizardly businesses, and then go to Diagon Alley via Floo powder for the ultimate shopping day! How coincidental that I’ll be able to visit Hogsmeade this weekend right here in the House Cup!





There you have it ‘Claws! A comprehensive guide to our lovely, talented and wonderful Ravenclaw Head Girl. Aren’t we so lucky to have her?! :)

Now...if there are no objections. I’m going to sit here finish my ice cream and see if I can get Sadie Lou to teach me how to knit! And then maybe...you know, see if I can find that secret passage she was talking about....

1 comment: