Monday, November 15, 2010

The much over-due Last Week (or two) in Ravenclaw Tower....

Oh boy, it's been a little over 2 weeks since the last update. I'm sorry folks. I usually do much of the legwork of writing the posts during the weekend. I got sick last weekend. I'm thinking it was a touch of the flu, enought to make me miserable. I'm better now and have been very busy.


I'll admit that from about the 12th to the 14th have been omitted because I got a bit overwhelmed. I think I have captured most of the important Tower happenings anyways.


Novemeber 1 - November 14th

  • November 2nd was Election Day in the U.S.! Many of us got out and voted!
  • Xamonster had a rough day due to the election...
  • Therealkarity had a chocolate crisis. We need to stock up on it since they are predicting chocolate prices to rise quite a bit this coming year! Also noted was the "Accio Chocolate" spell only has a 50-mile radius. Bad news...
  • SFCorgi was intrigued by the "pirate hippo w/ parrot".
  • The Pirate Hippo promted the "alpaca in a bikini". Can't imagine how it would be to shave that bikini line...
  • Ielith passed her big exam! Congrats!
  • akasha111182 has a cat with gravity issues...
  • BrineyDeep brought us the word of the day: matriculation
  • Science-y cookie-cutters brought to you by MariaCrafts
  • Skrewcat's revelation on Intarsia.
  • OneNeedleKnitting's "evil" shawl is finished! Congrats on finishing that task!
  • The Merry Beasts were enjoying Tag in the Common Room all week! Join in on the fun!
  • For those of you creeped out by ONK's crazy Ravatar, she has now replaced it with her normal one. Thank goodness....
  • BrineyDeep started the bowtie convo. Personally my DH perfers regular neckties.
  • Hypercycloid has some explaining to do with finding her DH's tux shirt half burried in her yard 4 months later!
  • Dovejay shared some funny cheap gift ideas with us!
  • Our Head of House, Isisonearth designed a really neat Barbie hat and has had many Ravenclaw's going nuts for it!
  • TrigirlJ tempted many of us with a Joss Whedon themed party! I think I'd go as Kaylee in her big ruffled dress!
  • RNSallyAnne has registered for her last semester of her BSN program! Good luck on finishing it up!
  • TangeledSkin and GazeboGalb are in the labs and testing some fibers with flames! The fire extinguishers are outside the lab doors in case you need them!
  • BrineyDeep enlightened us with an explanation of the Casimir Effect (not cashmere effect, which would be quite squishy and delightful.)
  • TrigirlJ came to us with a link on how to calculate decreases. Very helpful!
  • GazeboGal had an average of 7.36364 WIP's over the last 2 weeks and 8 mittens!

Stars of Isis


Birthday Wishes!

  • PoodleParade (Nov 4)
  • HunterofRavenclaw (Nov 6)
  • Nymfadora (Nov 6)
  • BabyCakies (Nov 7)
  • Staceyfish (Nov 8)
  • Doviejay (Nov 11)
  • akasha111182 (Nov 11)
  • LNS (Nov 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment