Monday, October 25, 2010

Last week in the Tower...Vol 2

Wow! Last week sure was an interesting one in the Tower! It had a Halloween theme to it!

For the week of October 18th-24th!
  • Bandbabe and her mother are working on a new Angora Fiber endeavor! Check them out at Adventures in Angora!
  • OneNeedleKnitting has finished a "Fornicating Deer" hat for her beloved. It was quite the hot topic for a bit in the Tower.
  • GazeboGal and others discussed "How to Dress Wild Game" this week. I think it is best if we don't name our food after relatives. After all, I do have an Aunt Alice! (Boy wouldn't that make dinner ackward.)
  • Andryl told us her story of a "Grouse Encounter of the 4th Kind..."
  • Skrewkat amused me with her telling of the lost hikers on the tiny mountain.
  • Blood. Blood. Blood. This was a huge topic at the beginning of the week. What type do you have? I wonder if Vampires have a preference...I know they do in True Blood.
  • $500 for a pair of CROCHETED SOCKS!?!?! Ridiculous. But I guess if someone is going to buy them, maybe I should make a couple designer pairs. I think that could help my yarn budget out....
  • Ali123 gave us all wonderful tips on how to stay warm in a really cold bedroom! I would also like to add, have a dog lay on your feet, that works in our house! Bandbabe also added her thoughts on staying warm!
  • Several of our Tower members are participating in a Wolly Wormhead's KAL for November! Join here!
  • Jayannell helped writing this quick little blurb of a couple days worth of posts that just made me LOL!
  • Ali123 would like to thank everyone that has helped her out in the recent weeks!
  • Later in the week we went on to discuss various spelling and pronounciations of words in various dialects. British vs. American.
  • I about died laughing at this "bagel" story!
  • WeeCorgi is going to be a girl! Congrats SFCorgi!
  • Congrats to RRomera! She has a finished thesis!
  • SFCorgi's Random Facts of the Day!
  • DNATheory shares her Rhinebeck loot with us all. I'm jealous!
  • GazeboGal's current WIP count....8

Birthdays!

Only one Ravenclaw had a birthday this week! Happy Birthday! Deth (October 21)

Until next week....

-Sparkeespud

4 comments: